Friday, November 20, 2009

Enjoying College Life

Last week I was able to go up to Utah and spend some great time with K and see some of the fun and interesting things that she's been doing at BYU!

Wednesday, we drove to SLC to hand deliver a heavy care package to B's mission office for him to receive that week. On the way back to Provo, we took a detour to eat at K's favorite place-Moki's Hawaiian Grill. After that, I won't say that we got lost, but we did a lot of extra driving to avoid a huge accident on the freeway and saw parts of the SLC area we never had before. :)

Thursday was SO AMAZING!!! K has been taking a human dissection class this semester and this day, they were allowed to bring someone to class to "show and tell" what they've been doing. I was a little nervous that I would pass out and end up on the floor or something, but it was just the opposite. It was one of the most memorable things I've ever done! She was able to show me a brain that she'd dissected; where a "love handle" used to be that she removed; I was able to see in detail what the doctors did in B's brain surgery; there was a sweet woman who was completely over-taken by cancer; I touched and held brains, intestines, hearts...; saw a man that had 2 total knee replacements and a jaw reconstruction; and the list goes on and on! We had an hour, but that was nowhere near enough time for me to be satisfied! I'm so grateful that I was able to have this experience and that K chose me to share it with. (I wasn't able to take any pics, but if you really want to see what it was similar to, go here.)

Friday, she was in a dance competition called "DanceSport". It was the first time I have ever seen her do ballroom dance and it was so fun to watch! After she was done with her part of the competition, we were able to watch others and see a professional couple perform. K and her partner were the best, I thought! (I have tried ALL day to upload the video and it won't!)



Friday night brought snow, which led to a COLD Saturday morning game of Powder Puff Football! Most girls would be home in their nice warm beds, but not these tough girls!



K and her roomie, Steph. Steph just received her mission call to go to Brazil in March, so K only has one more short month with her. Love you girls!

No intimidation here!


Waita get that quarterback! You go, girl!

And yes...they won!


Sunday meant the LONG drive back home, but I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty easy to leave this freezing cold wonderland behind and go back to weather in the 70's!


"Snow in the hollers." :)

Thanks for the great weekend, K, and showing me more of what your college life is like. Loves!

1 comment:

onehm said...

Sounds AWESOME! (except for the freezing cold part...)
That K is one busy girl!! :)