Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twelve Years Ago Today...

This sweet angel joined our family!

We brought Austin home from the hospital on Christmas Eve where he received his name and blessing surrounded by family and friends. We even had a surprise visit from Santa himself!



K was 9.

B was 7.

And L was 4.

In September, before he was born, he was diagnosed with a heart condition called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Our choice was to bring him home, love him all that we could in the time that Heavenly Father allowed him to be with us, and then look forward to being with him again as an eternal family. We were able to spend 8 1/2 wonderful days together, including Christmas and New Years Eve. He passed away early morning on New Years Day. This was the best and most memorable Christmas our family has ever had!

We Love You, Austin!!!

4 comments:

clark family said...

We remember this special time. I saw a beautiful quote at the funeral of the little Soelberg's grandson. It went something like this: "The best way to have heaven in your home, is to have someone in your home in heaven." I think this quote applies perfectly to your family. There is a spirit of peace, love, and happiness in your home. Thanks for being wonderful friends and examples to our family.

Mary Ann said...

This is so sweet. What a beautiful and perfect baby! I admire you sweet family!!!

Stephanie Hoover said...

I had just went and visited his headstone the other day and so it was neat to see those pictures! Love you guys!

Laura Dee said...

You've told me his story before, and I know how much he means to your family, but it is so nice to hear the story again and see his sweet photos. Thanks.