Well, at least she's free from the hospital. I went to work today and W went to have bonding time with L at the hospital. They must have been really rowdy or something because when I was done with work there was a text saying L was being released and wanting to know when I could come pick them up.
So, what did we find out from our 5 day stay at Phoenix Children's? It's most likely not Hemicrania Continua (doesn't have all of the symptoms), MRI is clear (knew this before), Echo-cardiogram is clear, EEG is clear, some Endocrine tests are clear and still waiting for the results on the rest, most likely not a migraine since she has no symptoms besides the headache, walking laps around the nurses stations do not bring about passing out (believe me, we tried), with the help of Topomax twice a day and a "cocktail" of Toridol and Compazine 3 times her headache has been between 1 and 4 for almost 2 days. That was reason enough for them to send her home. So what's the diagnosis? Don't have one. If the headache gets up to an 8 or 9? Tylenol and call the neurologist for an appointment. I guess the good news is that there are things ruled out and her head feels much better for the time being. Bad news is we still don't know the cause. I guess it's just one day at a time. Thanks for all of the love and prayers!
Peanut Blossom Cookies
3 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad she is doing better, that is so scary. I love your pictures with B how fun to take him to dinner. Miss seeing ya
Marilee
Post a Comment