Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fun at Therapy

Seriously...it's fun!!! One thing I've learned for sure through all of our adventure is that Neuro Rehab is MUCH different than the sports/injury rehab I've been used to before. B's therapist said, "If he's not having fun, I'm not doing my job." There's no pain involved, just finding different ways to work on B's challenges.



His Physical Therapist, Stephanie, broke her ankle about one week into therapy, so she is less mobile than B at this point. And to top it off, she was hospitalized with a blood clot two weeks ago, but was released early so she could be back to work to have fun with B. She's amazing! Hopefully we'll stay in touch when therapy's over.



Joe is one of B's Occupational Therapists. Personally, I think he and B just enjoy having fun together and calling it therapy! Supposedly all of the basketball and throwing balls at bowling pins and table hockey is to help with his double vision....yeah, whatever! :) Joe is a student visiting from Ohio and will be done with all of his schooling later this month, except for the testing. He'll then head back home and will go on to be a great O.T. Good luck, Joe. We're so happy we've gotten to know you!!!





From what I understand, we only have a couple more weeks left, then we're on our own!!! We've been so blessed to have AMAZING therapists, both at Banner Desert and St. Joe's. THANK YOU!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

He's definitely in better shape than I am! Good job B!