Monday, March 30, 2009

Frustrated!

When I had surgery in January, the only long term instructions for my neck were to apply sunscreen on it every day and not get it sunburned. I tried numerous sunscreens. Each worked well and I didn't get burned, but the downside was that each was hard to get to absorb and left a nice white streak of lotion in the crease of my neck that I couldn't get rid of, even after scrubbing in the shower. I was on a search for the perfect sunscreen...one that would rub in and do it's job. I found this product for our last trip to California knowing that I would be spending time in the sun and definitely didn't want to get burned. I got it because it's 70 SPF and that was stronger than I had used before. It is also for the face and has "Nourishing Antioxidant to Promote Natural Skin Repair". It is also not water-proof so it rubs in easily. PERFECT! I applied it before we left the hotel and again a few hours into the day. I felt very comfortable knowing the product I chose was just the right one.
To my surprise, when I woke up the next morning, my whole neck was burned. The scar had started to fade and blended nicely with the rest of my neck. Now it is purple and has felt burned for the past week. I'm so frustrated that the product did NOT do what it was supposed to! SPF of 70?!?!?! And I wasn't even in the sun the whole time! I would NEVER use this product again or recommend it to anyone!!! Ahhh!!!!

4 comments:

onehm said...

OUCH! As I was reading, I thought...I need to buy this! :) And now I'm thinking probably not! Bummer! Let us know if you DO find something you like!! LOL!

Full House said...

Oh shoot!

Want to try my Arbonne sunscreen? Somebody gifted to us and it seems to work well and has good ingredients.

We need to find you a good one and quick.

Karen said...

Very interesting and good to know. Thanks!

Crazymamaof6 said...

dang it!
i always just used the super strong baby sunblock on mine. since it was handy.