I can't believe it, but I forgot to get a picture of me and Dr.
Hinni! I guess I was so excited about everything he said that I completely forgot about the picture until I started this post! O-well. All of his news was great. He said the nodule was nice and smooth and looked like a marble. By looks he said he would have thought it was benign, but tests confirmed that it was
medullary carcinoma. He cleaned up around the trachea and tested some lymph nodes and they all came back negative for the cancer! Then they went "a little to the left", which was actually clear back to my shoulder area and took another bunch of lymph nodes out and tested them. They also tested negative! At this point, they decided their job was done and it was time to close me up. (At least I now know why my left side is hurting so far back! Couldn't figure that one out!) There are 3 layers of stitches and the last one had a tiny stitch left on the outside that they removed today and the rest will
dissolve. "Wash with soap and water and apply sunscreen daily." Pretty easy. One of the other things he was curious about was what my
calcitonin level is now that the cancer's out, so I had a blood test done and should receive the results back tomorrow. He said it may not be all the way down to 0 because it's pretty soon after surgery, but it should be
wayyyyy lower than 448! I'm down to 1-2 calcium tablets a day rather than 8! Good news! For now my thyroid medication level will stay the same as before, then I will go and meet my new endocrinologist on the 18
th to make sure that's the right dose. Great report from the doctor, time spent with W, and a nice long nap when I got home. Life is good!
4 comments:
Oh boy life is definitely good.
You are a cancer survivor! Just add that to your ever growing list of accomplishments!
Great News! Love ya, Carolyn
WE ARE EXTREMELY HAPPY AND RELIEVED FOR YA! HAPPY THYROID REMOVAL RECOVERY!
sounds great! that is awesome! that last string is so annoying. glad they took care of it for you!
WHOOHOO! awesome. sounds like you are doing good! CONGRATS!
Post a Comment