If you haven't already been reading the "NieNie Dialogues" blog, I'm surprised. It is the ongoing real life story of Christian and Stephanie Nielson who were in a plane crash a few months back, survived, and Stephanie has returned to her blog to share their struggles and triumphs with us all. No, I don't know them personally, though I wish I did. They were in our Stake before their move, but I didn't have the privilege to serve with them. Their courage and strength are beyond amazing.Their story has been on the news many times and in the paper just as much. A couple of months ago, I was reading the comments from one of the articles where a really thoughtless comment was made concerning Christian's feelings for Stephanie. My thought to the person making that comment was, "You have no clue of what real love is." As I said, I don't know them, but I have read about what he has done for her and her for him. He's not giving up on their eternal family just because she may not look the same as she did before. She's still there, her spirit hasn't changed.
When I first read her blog, it was before the accident and I was sure she couldn't be a real person. Just too happy and creative and bubbly and PERFECT for me to be able to follow without getting depressed about myself. Since the accident, I've followed faithfully to find out that she really is real and more inspirational than ever. I hope somehow she and her sweetheart know how many lives they are touching.
As I read this post tonight, it confirmed to me that there really is true love. Love that will continue no matter what life brings. Thank you, Nielsons, for sharing your life with the world, and me.
And thank you W for giving me that same true, unconditional love...forever! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
2 comments:
So good to see you @ church today. I thought you guys looked a little extra lovey dovey:-)(maybe it was just the hail storm).
I think there are many people who think they know what true love is but really don't. It's amazing how service & surviving trials together can really refine that love even more. You and Clark are the best.
Also I can't even imagine wht Stephanie must be going through.
Beautiful sentiments! I love reading Nie Nie too. I found her after the accident, but have enjoyed reading countless articles before, and all about how her kids are doing. Their love really is timeless, and has a special magic. It is always good to be reminded that can be real for all of us. Thanks for sharing. Wendy
Post a Comment